+ Reply to Thread

Thread: N130 Netbook wireless problem

Default N130 Netbook wireless problem

I have a N130 netbook running Windows 7. I cannot connect to the internet via wireless no matter what I try. Have tried my USB adaptor, same result. USB adaptor is fine on my PC. Connection via LAN cable is fine. Have installed latest drivers from Samsung and Realtek to no avail, still cannot detect my router. Have tried another router, no luck. It seems that there is definitely a component missing from the drivers as others seem to have had this problem. Any ideas/suggestions would be most welcome before I throw the m/c up the wall.

I should have said that the problem has only arisen since re-installing Windows 7. It was woorking fine previously. Have tried XP just to prove the hardware with no problems.

Please, please, please help.

Lionel186

Hi lionel186,

Sounds like you've grabbed the latest drivers which are normally the problem. Actually some people have found using older versions of drivers more useful.

There is a burgeoning wiki page at http://www.sammywiki.com/wiki/Samsung_Netbook_WiFi_FAQ

There might be something useful there, else we can edit in some more info if we find the solution.

Hi Jezza 101

Thanks for taking the time to respond. It's a weird one is this. In desperation I have just extracted all of the .inf files from the sys32 drivers folder in Win.old and pasted them into the current drivers folder. No joy there, so if you do come across any further possible solutions please get in touch. I have checked out that Wiki link but I cannot see anything there that may be helpful. I think I am going to install Vista on another partition and see if I can get some drivers from there. Anything is worth a try.

Thanks again for your interest.

Lionel

I gave up trying to sort this out. I tried Vista which was fine until I installed service packs after which I could not get the LAN to work. The WLAN was OK but not the LAN. Reverted to XP and all went like a dream, no problems at all. I have come to the conclusion that this m/c was only ever intended for XP but I think Samsung, Leadtek & Microsoft need to get together on this one

Lionel
    Last edited by lionel186; 01-09-2010 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Sorted (sort of)

I have had similar wifi connection problems with my N130. I have found that if I disconnect the battery and then reconnect while the netbook is still switched and plugged into the charger it will suddenly connect to the wifi.

Administrator

Hi Gwladiator, thanks for adding this tip!

+ Reply to Thread